Sunday, December 2, 2012

[Part 1] Pator Weekend: Banyan Tree Spa

Last weekend was an awesome one because my xdd took leave on Saturday (yes, he works every other Sat), we decided to have an adventure!

We took a train since it's really pointless to drive to town.
Smile~! anw, train rides are short now when we're playing game. :D


Since it's pointless to do outdoor activities these days (I've been observing, raining every single day last week), we decided to do something indoor!

Destination: Marina Bay Sands, Tower 1, 55th Floor
Banyan Tree Spa

 We were slightly late and there's someone else behind our appt, so we had to forgo the complimentary foot bathe. but we're still all smiles~~

 
My xdd loves the lemon grass tea served~

My second time to Banyan Tree Spa @ MBS
This is xdd's first, but he has been to BT Spa @ BT Phuket if you remember...
 
Got a little distracted in the room and forgot to take picture.
 
Basically, the treatment room is a couple room overlooking the CBD area with a bathtub by the full length window. We both did Balinese massage; no reason to get into the bathtub.
There is an oversized changing room for us and bathrobes to change into (which I still cant figure out why to this day since I wear it for 1 min and walk to the bed, and take it off again for the massage) and of cos to lock all my earrings and stuff in the safe.
 
The 60mins balinese massage was good, as expected, and xdd actually find this better than the one we did in BT Phuket (well, but one factor is because there were mozzies in our spa villa and he keep getting bitten and is itching instead of enjoying it).


If you're interested in doing it, it's S$200++ for a 60mins Balinese massage.
An indulgence yes.

happy boy after the massage

Our spa room

This kinda look sleepy/cheesy like some family portrait I know, I think we've yet to wake up.
(yup, I fell asleep) LOL


Looking out the window eating dragon fruit, papaya and green apple.

Sipping my calm lemongrass tea

#likeaboss
 
Ambience: 5/5
Massage: 5/5 (I tried medium-strong pressure this time while xdd tried soft-medium. If it's your first time, try medium)
Service: 4.5/5 (Thai hospitality is always good~ but the receptionist is not Thai though, and she kind of rush us through [ya, I know that's because I was late, but I DID pay $200+ for each person right?])
Cost: 3/5 (Given the location, service and quality, it's actually quite justifiable. But still feel the pinch, so 3/5)

Overall assessment: Will go again when I'm rich.
 
Since we're here, we might as well go up to the sky park for a look~

Gardens by the bay
View from the top.

Yup, he's trying to look funny again. :)
 
And then, we decided to go down to town for early dinner since there's nothing much at MBS to eat.
xdd suggested to WALK to Marina Square when I'm in my heels...
 
Of cos I strongly objected and we went town instead.
 
We had a lot of choices in mind of what to eat but we were indecisive until we reached.
We were still thinking of going paragon when we passed by Coffee Stars by Dao in Wisma Atria.
And my mind was made. :D

Coffee Stars serves fusion Thai and International cuisine, and from the taste of it, the Thai authenticity is quite apparent. Almost forgot about this place after so long. :)

xdd playing game trying to beat my hi-score.
(I think this game deserves a post on, let me do it later)

Cam whoring since I dont have to break my own hi-scores. :D

Thai Ice Tea!!! my favorite favorite of all time.
LOVES~

He had sauteed pork w basil rice which is really spicy, but no kick for him at all (WTF)

We shared a clear tom yam prawn soup,

AND I HAD A RIVER KING PRAWN SPAGETTI
(which is damn good)
 
We're not sweet lovers, but desserts here are worth trying.

we shared a Green Tea Crepe w Chocolate Sauce~

 Which is really yummy!
But 2 of us were so full we can't really finish. HAHAHA
 
In case you're thinking to yourself 'I always thought girls have another stomach for desserts, y Mich can't take meh?'
 
I dont have a sweet tooth or another stomach, I cant stand any form of desserts except ice cream, and asking me to eat more than 1/4 of a slice of cake after dinner will kill me.
 
Yup, I'm not a girl. Say what you want. :)
 
Total bill came up to 90ish (sorry cant remember the breakdown) but it was a satisfying meal.
 
Ambience: 3.5/5 (Middle of the mall, right outside Isetan. But nice hi tea feel)
Food: 4/5 (Try Thai)
Service: 4.5/5 (All good except that the last guy didn't know what cake we ordered)
Cost: 3.5 (slightly pricey for nice Thai fusion but reasonable considering we had a soup, mains, drinks and dessert.)

Overall assessment: Definitely will go again. Good Thai food is so hard to find in SG.

No comments:

Post a Comment