Sunday, October 28, 2012

Virgin Brazilian Waxing @ Revive Wellness



Apologise in advance cos I was too nervous to take any pict!
Well as the title suggest, I went for my first Brazilian waxing appointment last Thursday with Ying.

Well, Ying kinda coaxed me into the trial session as we were actually planning to do it before Bintan.
But sadly, it was kinda inconvenient for her to do it then and thus we postponed it. Trial session was $18! (Think she got it from some deal website)

I've terrible threshold for pain and doing this was a crazy idea.

This was in summary what took place
1. Change into their kimono
2. Go for a quick wash of my vjj
3. Went into torture chamber where they pull up the kimono and start with the waxing

Process of waxing is warm, scary and 2-3 seconds of pain. It was unexpected the first time that I screamed. and thereafter I'm damn noisy with my therapist in the room.
(Ying was complaining that she can hear me from the next room and it's damn embarassing)

but hey! It's my first time, and I was already biting a towel already ok?!?!

Note: If it is your first time, leave at least 1cm of hair for clean removal. If you shave often, it would be more painful than if you dont shave.

After 5-6 strips and one at my pigu, I'm all clean and and baby smooth!!

Therapist said next session will only get less and less painful as the hair that grows out becomes finer.

Some of the benefits of waxing compared to shaving:

  • You are less likely to experience unsightly ingrown hairs
  • Results of waxing can last at least twice as long
  • No cuts or scrapes from shaving blade or hasty technique
  • Most importantly, complete smoothness as opposed to stubble
 Recommended waxing schedule: Every 5 weeks
Quoted from http://revivewellness.com.sg

After contemplating for a while, we both decided to each take a mini package of 3 more sessions @ $126 to feel the difference. Afterall, the result was quite worth the pain and the therapist will put pressure on my vjj immediately after pulling out the wax which Ying heard from her friends that not all waxing place and therapists does this. (it is damn pain if you dont put pressure to sooth it and of course she wears gloves)

Overall, I thought it was a good first experience!

Note: Try to not shave at all for at least 1 month before going, I still have stubs that are too short to wax off, so still have some stubs left.. But no worries the next time! I'll blog about this again the next session. :)

1 comment:

  1. If you need brazilian waxing New York, visit Dyanna Spa beauty salon. Professional painless and safe hair removal services for women and men in Manhattan NYC. Always great service! Recommended!

    ReplyDelete